Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Finally joining the 21st century...

Well, I guess it's about time. I always try to live by the words of the Good Doctor--"If a thing like this is worth doing, it's worth doing right."--so, here's to a blog that is fun to read!

That's me as the Good Doctor on Halloween '04


A few notes--I don't plan up updating this every day, but who knows what will happen. I do plan on getting a new cell phone, ideally one with a camera. That will make adding pictures much easier, so as soon as I get back from my next two weekend trips, I should be in full force.

Travel Notes:

I'm leaving for Langerado tomorrow. It's a music festival in South Florida in its fourth year, run by my good buddy Ethan Schwartz. And Mark Brown, too (the genius behind Jam Cruise). This year, Wilco is playing, so I'm just a bit excited. Each day this week I've been listening to a different incarnation of Jeff Tweedy (Sunday was Wilco, Monday was Loose Fur, Tuesday was Tweedy solo, and today is Uncle Tupelo. All in all, great music.

Next week (Thursday), I leave for Atlanta. Perpetual Groove, a band I've really enjoyed over the last few years, will be performing to a very small audience at TreeSound Studios in Atlanta--they're multitracking it to be released as a live album. As if the band wasn't great enough, and the guys nice enough, they are bringing me down to Atlanta as their guest to hang with them in the studio and be a part of this project. I'm pretty damn excited!

Tonight will be the first real meeting of Team Zissou, which will be held at Slade's apartment. (The first meeting was postponed due to some members being sick and one member almost dying from cat allergies. Sorry Ernie and Jibboo!).

Music Notes:
Much thanks go to Erik Dane over at Cornerstone for giving me some great music a few weeks ago up in New Hampshire. Last night I put on Tapes 'N Tapes and was very much impressed. So check them out.
Other shoutouts are in order:
Jeff Harris and the Super Casual, featuring the lovely Lindsey Cloud on keys and vocals.
The Disco Biscuits have been rocking my world lately--including their side projects Conspirator and even more so, The Brain-Damaged Eggmen. Keep up the good work, guys!

**Note**
Special thanks to Slade Sohmer, Mike Greenhaus, Jon Bahr and Jesse Jarnow for their support of blogs, and special thanks to the aforementioned four plus Josh Baron and Russell Kahn for their great taste in music.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

Good start! Good things to come...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home