Thursday, March 09, 2006

Green Apple Music Festival!

Well, the time finally came. We just announced the lineup and schedule for the Green Apple Music and Arts Festival! Taking place from April 21-23 (The Jammys kick it off on April 20), GAMF will take New York by storm, with 75 shows at 25 venues over the course of the three days.


So take a look through the festival lineup and revel in how much fun the weekend will be. Personally, I'm most excited for the following bands: Umphrey's (at CBGBs!), Dan Bern, Baaba Maal, Everyone Orchestra, Ghostface Killa and Slick Rick (!!!), Kaki King, PGroove, Mike Doughty, McCoy Tyner, Rose Hill Drive, Steel Train, Kimock/Perkins, Toubab Krewe, the Slip and the Zen Tricksters. I can't wait!

Music Notes:
Listened to some Tom Waits this morning. Mule Variations. Fell in love with that album while living in Italy. Bought it in Amsterdam, where the guy at the used CD store played me a CD of the Dutch Tom Waits and I loved it but for some reason didn't buy the disc. So if anyone knows who the Dutch Tom Waits is, PLEASE email me!

The new Built To Spill album is still consistently blowing me away. With "Going Against Your Mind" and "Conventional Wisdom," the CD is solid through and through. In fact, it's *great*. But, it does leave me with one question: Who is Mike Jones?

Travel Notes:
Leaving for Florida tonight. Can't wait! Last time I flew JetBlue, the TVs weren't working (though on the return trip from Austin, they did show the Super Bowl). But, I have plenty of crossword puzzles to get caught up on today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home