Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Umph, BP and cohabitation

Great weekend... Friday started with a bang as Gabe picked me up in his new Jetta and we cruised over to Billygburg. Had a drink and some fried clam strips at Surf Bar then ate at Planet Thai (I hadn't eaten there in years). Hopped the L train back into the city to check out Umphrey's McGee at the Nokia. Great time--awesome backstage room, good people, and Brownstein sitting in for Triple Wide -> In The Kitchen. Then he announced the Umph/Bisco (aka DUMB--worst name ever, sorry guys) show at McCarren Pool on Aug 15--but I'll be in Peru. So it goes.

Left the Nokia and walked two blocks down to BB Kings to see Brothers Past. They sound great with Ilya on drums and Tommy is the man. Always has been, always will be. Got home a lot later than I expected...

Woke up early on Saturday and did some cleaning, then helped Deanna move her stuff in. Thankfully we hired Kevin--the man with the van. He did all the loading and unloading. If you are ever moving, do yourself the favor and hire Kevin's Van Service.

Saturday night we were just too beat to do anything so we ordered in food and relaxed. Sunday saw the monsoon so we ordered in a huge shipment of wine (21 bottles, one bottle of port and a liter of vodka) and set up the new bedroom. I have to say--it's pretty weird when you think about it. I'm keeping my apartment but by switching bedrooms, I've actually moved. Go figure! Most comfortable sheets ever (400 thread count, mmmm)

Now I'm getting geared up for The Green Apple Music & Arts Festival this weekend!

Travel Notes:
Booked my flight for Lollapalooza. Thanks for pushing me, Levy!

And I just found out that Bobby D will be in Peru the same time as Deanna and I! Good stuff...

Music Notes:
Amadou and Mariam's Dimanche a Bamako has been in heavy rotation. And I just got the Dylan SACD box set. Can't wait to spend some time with those remasters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home