Friday, March 17, 2006

Down in hotlanta!

So, I'm down in the ATL right now... getting some work done from Shimon's office. I still haven't had a chance to decompress from Langerado yet--it's been a busy week, but no complaints. But I did get a chance to post my pictures from the festival. And I plan on adding links to all my Ofoto galleries on the right side of the page.


There I am with four hotties--Jenny, Jordan, Lisa and Jodi--down in Florida.

So a brief note about Langerado--cheers to the Biscuits and Brothers Past and Pnuma and all the bands who really made the weekend so perfect. It was really special to have the Biscuits play late night on Friday and then close the festival out with the surprise encore at the Conspirator show on Sunday night.

Travel Notes
I'm down in Atlanta enjoying some great southern hospitality. Big thanks to Shimon Presents for giving me a place to sleep and get some work done (but boo to him for making me flyer the Buckethead show last night, haha). I spent a few hours at TreeSound Studios last night. That place is pretty damn awesome. Cheers to Chad for taking the time to show me around. And cheers to the studio for keeping a brown ale on tap at all times :)

Music Notes
Since I can sleep later, I went out Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday I took Mike Toft to the Beacon to see a great Allman Brothers Band show. We grabbed two seats in the orchestra and ended up sitting next to the sweet couple who sat in front of me on the flight home from Langerado. The show was a blast--they opened the second set with an acoustic set of Warren, Derek and Elvin Bishop (profiled in the next issue of Relix). Then Pinetop Perkins (of Muddy Waters' band fame) played with the full ABB. Great great show--amazing Van Morrison cover and a fun version of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.

Wednesday Lindsay and I went to see Jesse Harris at the Living Room. Short set, but a fun--he's a great songwriter (he wrote all of Norah Jones' songs) and a pretty good guitar player. Ran into Mike "Hernando Casa di Verde" and the indefatigable Tom Russell and had a night cap at Max Fish.

Last night after hanging out in TreeSound, Shimon and I went to the Variety Playhouse to see Buckethead. Unfortunately we missed the Pnuma Trio's opening set, but we still managed to have a great town. Seth is practically the mayor down here. Thanks to the staff at the Variety for their great hospitality too!


Though I have no good reason to be, I'm just a little jealous of everyone who's heading to Europe right now for Jam in the Dam. Have an AMAZING time--Biscuits, Umphrey's, the Duo, STS9, all my friends (James, Robyn, Dee, Rachel, Liz) and everyone else there--be safe, party down and kick ass for me.

"Unlock my body and move myself to dance" -Jeff Tweedy

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Hp laptop reconditioned help latino efilecom Cheap cod order ionamin Laser hair removal orlando florida

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Bigflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie The Switch 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home