Monday, October 23, 2006

I want to glide through those brown eyes dreaming

And another weekend spent in the city. And another amazing weekend. Friday was long and the whole day I couldn't wait to get over to Deanna's place. Got there around 6:30 with two bottles of wine in tow (and a quick plum wine tasting at Landmark Wines on 23rd). We decided to go out for dinner and I took her to The Elephant for some yummy French/Thai fusion. I tried a new beer (Import 33) and her sangria had a grapefruit twist. Excellent.

Spent the rest of the night drinking wine at her place, listening to tunes. Woke up bright and early the next morning, had some coffee and read the New Yorker on her couch and parted ways. I went home to my bed to catch up on my DVR list and relax for a few hours. Met Steph at Century 21 to do some shopping. Dropped a lot of money but got some great shirts, a cashmere sweater, a funky track jacket, a belt and some socks. Steph did well, as always.

Met up with Deanna again to tour The Chapel of Sacred Mirrors, Alex Grey's installation in Chelsea. I met Alex at the Jammys in 04 (or 05?) and have definitely enjoyed his art. But I was pretty blown away by the Chapel. 14 or so full length paintings going through the cycle of human science--anatomy to consciousness to self-awareness to transcendental awakening.

Ended up grabbing a bite at Pete's Tavern on Irving. Built in 1864, it claims to be the oldest continually-run pub in NYC. Excellent burger and really yummy chickpea salad. Which reminds me--what defines a salad? Is tuna and mayo tuna salad, or does it need to have celery and carrots to garner that distinction? We finished the night off at Common Ground, celebrating the one-year anniversary with the ice luge. Good times!

Sunday morning was spent over brunch at the Grey Dog then off to HeadQuarters to be an extra in the John Popper Project video shoot for the single "Lapdance." 'Nuff said :) Great day, though it did drag on a little too long. Kudos to Raven for chatting with me for 45 minutes, giving me a great insight into the inner-workings of the dancing industry. She was part of the unionizing dancers, as told by the movie "Live Nude Girls Unite!"

All in all, a great weekend. And I developed a whole new appreciation for "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" as if I wasn't already obsessed with it enough. But so it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home