Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back in the saddle again...

So, I'm way too busy at work to be doing this, but I feel that it's time (if not long overdue) to bring back my blog. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Fall is closing in quick... woke up this morning--crisp breeze, smile on my face from last night's date and no sunglasses to shield my eyes from the harsh morning sun. So I had to keep my head down, using my forehead and hair to keep my eyes in the shade; and today was the first day I noticed leaves on the ground. Time to switch back over from chilled whites to warming reds. Time to dust off the slippers (though, I did buy a new pair a few weeks ago) and break out the blankets.

Last night was a blast--went out with Deanna. Started the night at Crocodile Lounge (thanks to the lovely Ms. Seiden for having her bday party there a few weeks ago) where I got my assed kicked in skeeball and buck hunt. Then on to Irving Plaza for Built to Spill.


Doug Marsch is a god among men. He's just *that* good. It's amazing how he can replicate the studio vocals live every time, just like Jim James. And he just sounds soooo good. Last night's show was pretty perfect. Opened with Goin' Against Your Mind. Other highlights were The Plan, Carry the Zero, and Conventional Wisdon. Can't wait to see them again at Vegoose!

Music Notes:
Great weekend ahead of me. Gomez on Saturday. Tonight is New Monsoon and Hot Buttered Rum at the Merc. Seeing them again tomorrow, then running uptown for Andy Bernstein's bday party. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the tail end of RUBULAD tomorrow night. Brownies? Yes they are.

Travel Notes:
Going upstate this weekend to Regan and Rob's wedding at the Full Moon Resort. I can't wait!! Big thanks to Dee for lending me her car, Junior. I can't wait to see Marcus and Meredith!! (And Bobby D, Dan and Ali and everyone else). But NYC has missed M/M way too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home