Friday, December 08, 2006

How sweet it is!

So the word Schmoopy is defined as "Having or showing fond feelings or affection; loving and tender. Excessively sentimental. Given to or displaying mawkish affection or amorousness."

A few times this past month I've found myself stopping midsentence, smacking my forehead and proclaiming "wow, that was the schmoopiest thing I've ever said." It's a problem--it's annoying for everyone involved, especially me. And last night was the schmoopiest night of them all. And I loved every second of it.

I went to the gym after work, bought new headphones, ran home and cleaned my room a little (so pen-twirling Meredith could crash there) and picked up some wine. Cabbed it back to the city and arrived at Deanna's place--which smelled amazing, as she was cooking up a storm. Apple turkey meatloaf, with ground pancetta, topped with proscuitto. We're talking walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th of game 7 in the world series. We're talking 64-yard field goal to win the game with 0:01 seconds left.

I contributed a lovely Cote de Rhone and a yummy sauterne for desert. And life was good. But the uber-schmoopy moment came when we were doing the dishes and I put on Jerry Garcia Band's "How Sweet It Is" and we started dancing together. And it was one of the most sweet, precious and lovely moments ever. But thank god no one else was there to see it. Schmoopiest moment ever. But I'm still smiling about it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home