Monday, February 05, 2007

Worst superbowl TV production EVER

Did anyone else notice how HORRIBLE CBS was last night? There were so many CBS house commercials, as CBS couldn't sell the ad space. That was abismal (just drop the price a little and people will buy it--trust me, I know sales). But what really pissed me off was the RAIN on the main CAMERA. Come on now... I've seen a lot of football games in my life and plenty of them have been in the rain. But I've NEVER seen the main camera have rain drops and wet smears on it for an ENTIRE game.

It really defeated the purpose of watching it in hi-def! It's hard to see the crispness and color contrast when 3/4 of the screen is BLURRY. I understand it was raining pretty hard, but you are professionals. Get a bigger umbrella! Wipe off the camera in between shots. But don't give me four quarters of blur. That really grinds my gears (yes, I saw that Family Guy last night).

In the biggest football game of the year, with the most money riding on the telecast (I can't even imagine how much production costs were), CBS dropped the ball. Worse than Grossman did on those two fumbled snaps. I really hope "the media" calls them out because they did the worst job I've seen. The producer and cameramen should be fired...

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger regan said...

just curious, did you watch it in HD? we definitely saw some rain drops on the occasional camera angle, but it was really once in a while not the whole game. I wonder if they were not caring as much about the normal format cams???

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger aaron and deanna said...

yep, i watched it in hi def. i'm pretty sure they don't use different cameras for hi-def and regular. i think they just use the hi-def camera and broadcast it twice--once in hi def and also in a regular low-def signal.

there were rain drops on the camera frequently and when there weren't drops, there were smears and smudges on the screen (the camera, not my tv, trust me). at one point it looked like we were watching a coma/dream sequence from a soap opera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home